Tuesday 2 February 2016

Cake Fails

It's no secret that I love to bake, but I think it's less well known that I absolutely cannot decorate cakes! I do still try, and I am committed to providing my family with home made birthday cakes every year. For those of you who enjoy a laugh, here are some of my recent offerings:


"I saw three ships" Christmas cake, my first successful royal icing from scratch. It didn't run off the plate!


Bob's second birthday cake, which is supposed to be his favourite character from this tv show. For the record, I know it looks burnt but it isn't. It was a dairy and gluten free boiled orange cake, and the outside sort of...caramelises. In a good way.


For my big boy's fifth birthday, a lego head pinata cake, with lemon curd and lemon buttercream. No, I didn't bake it with the lego inside! He insists that future cakes will not have toys inside. Not a hit, then.


In the background you can see the obligatory chocolate Guinness cake I make for Husband's birthday every year. Even I can't make that look ugly!

I'd love to see your cake fails/successes! Please tell me I'm not alone!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment