Wednesday 15 May 2013

Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny...this week I have mostly been knitting stitch samples in very chunky acrypic yarn for my first knitting class on Thursday!








I chose the yarn because I wanted the students to be able to see the stitches really clearly, but bleugh! And I still have a few more to do today...intarsia and a couple of lace. Ultimately I'd like to have them mounted on a cork board, but that'll have to wait until I have actually been paid for the lessons! While I was out at knitting club last night the boys made me some little business cards to take with me. It's all falling into place.  I've been so busy that there hasn't been much reading this week, just ploughing on with The Friday Night Knitting Club when I get a few minutes. But this little beauty has arrived from Grandmother-In-Law:


So I'm hoping to get underway very soon! I certainly haven't used a sewing machine since I was about 14, so there's a need for a little refamiliarisation here. 

Sausages and I went to another family wedding this weekend (and Husband went to another 100 miles away. Three in two weeks!) and he was charming and delicious as ever, but still refused to wear his lovely tie. Here's a couple of gratuitous pics of his week for you (and Mother-In-Law, who I know checks in!):




I hope you've all had a good week. Would you like to tell me what you feel is the most important thing you have learned about knitting, and help my poor students?

E


2 comments:

  1. lovely swatches! i have the same type i use for classes i teach as well. i think the most important thing is to assure beginners (as well as unsure longtimers) that there is no wrong way to knit. i've found that so many feel they are doing it the 'wrong way', even as they are producing lovely knit and purl stitches. i think we can demonstrate the way we hold yarn and needles and make stitches (magic!) happen, but then encourage the individual to find their own style. this is such a passion of mine, and i could go on forever, but i am already taking up lots of comment space!
    what a sweet little one you have!
    xo lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to you too! I too heard that you had a blog. How very exciting. I am now following so shall look forward to hearing about all your little adventures :) p.s. hasn't little man grown!!!!!

    ReplyDelete